👋🏻 Hi friends,
The past few weeks have been both challenging and exciting. The challenging part was the ups and downs of running your own business, where you have to chase clients for payments, balance your budget, plan for the future and continue to hunt for new leads and clients.
The exciting part was that I graduated from Maven Accelerator Bootcamp, and I have set up a date for my online course on how to get published and make income from your freelance writing.
I will be teaching the course in May. I will be adding more info in the coming weeks. Take a look and ping me if you are interested in taking part in my course.
Here is a picture of our graduation ceremony featuring Maven co-founder, Wes Kao.
I hope you enjoy this week's installment of the Storyteller's Quest.
🖼️ Photo of the week
🤩 Things that wowed me
As usual, there are so many good things out there, and it's so hard to keep up. Here are some of my favorites:
📹 YouTube: I enjoyed watching this YouTube video by my favorite YouTube Ali Abdaal, titled 20 Podcasts that Made Me a Millionaire. I listened to some of these podcasts and planning to listen to all of them soon. I mean, who knows, maybe I will be a millionaire too someday!
🧵 Thread: Justin Welsh's Twitter thread on how online writing made him over 1 million in income is a must-read if you are a writer who wants to make decent money from your craft.
✍🏻 Writing life: This video of How to Use LinkedIn to Get Freelance Writing Clients provides excellent advice and tips. I have already applied most of them after watching it.
📰 Podcast: I listened to a fascinating and inspiring discussion with Nuseir Yassin, the creator of Nas Daily, on the Colin and Samir Show. It was eye-opening to hear his thoughts on his content creation journey and the knowledge economy.
✍🏻 Content creation
In the past week, I have published the following article in the Jordanian local news publication Jordan News:
I have also published this piece on Medium in which I discuss my strategy for getting published:
Are you looking for a conte writer for your company's blog or publication? Let's chat. Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
📹 The YouTube experiment
The YouTube experiment is still going at full force. In the past few weeks, I posted two videos on my YouTube channel. They are:
- A video about the book that I didn't finish. What type of reader are you? Do you abandon books you don't like, or do you keep going until you finish the book?
- An interview with Jordanian-Canadian author Sarah Badawieh in which we discussed her most recent novel Dalia, and whether fiction authors should expose their country's "dirty laundry" in the name of telling an accurate story?
🎙️ Read and Write with Natasha Podcast
It has always been a dream of mine to start a podcast about books and the writing process, so here we are; the dream is a reality. I'm happy to announce the launch of my new podcast Read and Write with Natasha.
I already have two episodes. They are:
- Living with vitiligo and championing visual differences: Discussion with author Joti Gata-Aura
- Identity among Arab Christians: Discussion with Author Rayyan Al Shawaf
Please feel free to subscribe, comment and rate. So grateful for your support.
👍🏼 Recommended by yours truly
- If you’re thinking about joining the online writing course Ship 30 for 30, I have an affiliate link.I took Ship 30 for 30 last month and it was an amazing experience. I learned a lot, joined new communities and increased my Twitter followers. I enjoyed it that much, that I'm taking it for a second time. I highly recommend it.
- One app that I have been using on a daily basis and becoming an integral part of my content creation process is Brain FM, an online music platform that helps you get in the "flow", and do the tasks that require deep work. The good news is that Brain FM is offering readers of this newsletter a 20% discount. Just click here, subscribe and get your discount.
Are you looking for a writer for your company's blog or publication?
Do you need help with your digital media strategy?
Email me at email@example.com